A visa is required in advance for a visit to Myanmar and can be obtained from any Myanmar Embassy or Consulate world-wide. Myanmar Tourist visa are valid for a stay of up to 28 days (4 weeks Visa).
Myanmar E-Visa at Yangon & Mandalay International Airport
Visitors from 100 countries currently can apply for E-Visa.
1. The application procedures:
(a) eVisa Online System is currently only available to Tourists for Tourism purpose only.
(b) You will need the following before you apply:
Your passport validity must have at least (6) months.
You have to upload one COLOR PHOTO (4.8 cm X 3.8 cm) taking during last (3) months.
You will need your Visa, Master or American Express credit cards for the payment of USD 50.
2. Visa processing information
(a) The validity of eVisa approval letter is 90 days from the issued date. If it is expired, entry will be denied.
(b) Length of stay is (28) days from the date of arrival in Myanmar.
(c) eVisa service is non refundable.
(d) You will receive an email acknowledgement within 1 hour after successful payment.
(e) The processing time is upto (3) working days.
3. If the applicant has child (ren) under (7) years old on the same passport, you have to put the name of that child, date of birth in the minor section of the application form.
4. EVisa is currently only available to TOURISTS seeking entry into Myanmar. If you are seeking entry for business, meetings, seminars purposes please apply at a Myanmar embassy in your respective country or ask your business partner to send you an Invitation Letter to apply for “Business Visa On Arrival”.
5. Tourists must stay in registered hotels, motels, inns, guest house and resort during your stay in Myanmar.
6. The applicant should complete individual personal data whether passenger is FIT or package tour.
7. EVisa is a only valid for a single entry. Re-entry will require a new visa.
8. Currently passengers with eVisa are only permitted to enter via Yangon International Airport, Nay Pyi Taw International Aiport and Mandalay International Airport. We will announce other port of entry in due course.
9. If you are visiting Myanmar via cruise, please contact your tour agent for Pre-arrangement Visa on Arrival. You will not be able to use eVisa to enter Myanmar via seaport.
10. For more information please go to www.evisa.moip.gov.mm
11. Ordinary passport holders from the following countries are giving visa exemption for 14 days-
- Thailand (Three International Airports Only)
- Viet Nam
12. Passport holder from the following countries and Taiwan are eligible to apply Tourist eVisa:
Visa On arrival (Pre-arranged)
The option to apply Pre-arranged Tourist Visa on Arrival through Ministry of Tourism ceased to exist and the travelers from countries outside of 100-EVISA-Countries have to apply at the nearest Myanmar Embassy of their own country.