Balloons Over Bagan ( 2009 )
"Balloons over Bagan", and update you on the new developments for 2009.
Imagine floating over thousand years old pagodas and the mighty Ayeyarwaddy River, watching the sun sinks slowly behind distant mountains.
This sunrise or sunset champagne flights last just under one hour and take off daily from October through to the end of March. There are no age restrictions on who can fly. Passengers should be fit enough to climb in and out of the basket and be able to stand for about an hour. Young children, the disabled and pregnant women may have to be restricted to very calm weather conditions.
Our capacity will increase from last season with the introduction of a new 12-passenger balloon. We will continue to operate a maximum of three balloons at any one time. Total capacity will therefore change to 32 passengers (Pilot + 12 + 12 + 8) per flight from the 20th October to 31st March, and will be 20 passengers per flight during the first half of October
Next season will run from - to -
Due to increased fuel and supply costs, prices will rise in every category by USD - per person for the 2008 - 2009 season.
1 4 pax USD - per person
5 - 12 pax USD - per person
Above 12 pax USD - per person
We will also accept advance block payments for the 2008 - 2009 season for a minimum of 50 passengers for all bookings at USD - per person.Â In order to qualify for this, payment must be made prior to 31st July 2008.
Confirmations and Payment
1. All pre bookings must be made through the Yangon office.
2. Pre-bookings can only be made up to 72 hours in advance.
3. Payment and confirmation: Balloons over Bagan must receive payment from the tour operator in order to issue the tickets and confirm the flight. If they are unable to pay to confirm at this stage, the reservation will not be considered as confirmed, and may be cancelled and given to other clients who are able to make immediate payment.
4. Cancellation fees will only apply upon payment and issue of tickets. Cancellation fees
Â Have now been amended as follows:
- Cancellation 48 hours before the flight - no refund
- Cancellation between 72 hours and 48 hours before the flight - 50% refund
- Cancellation between 72 hours and 7 days before the flight - 75% refund
- Cancellation between one month and 7 days before the flight - 90% refund
(This only applies to group bookings greater than 12 pax)
5. Standby tickets at the standby rate can only be purchased 24 hours or one full day in advance at our Sales desk in Bagan.
6. Our general policy will be to accept morning flights only as a pre booking. However, evening flights will be considered with a minimum of 6 persons, and then at the discretion of the Yangon office. Bookings for FRC and resident Myanmar citizens will not be eligible for commission.
7. FRC holders and Myanmar citizens should be advised to contact our office directly